Be a friend. You don’t need money;
Just a disposition sunny;
Just the wish to help another
Get along some way or other;
Just a kindly hand extended
Out to one who’s unbefriended;
Just the will to give or lend,
This will make you someone’s friend.
Be a friend. You don’t need glory.
Friendship is a simple story.
Pass by trifling errors blindly,
Gaze on honest effort kindly,
Cheer the youth who’s bravely trying,
Pity him who’s sadly sighing;
Just a little labor spend
On the duties of a friend.
Be a friend. The pay is bigger
(Though not written by a figure)
Than is earned by people clever
In what’s merely self-endeavor.
You’ll have friends instead of neighbors
For the profits of your labors;
You’ll be richer in the end
Than a prince, if you’re a friend.
–Edgar A. Guest
- Friendship (darrianjoness16.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Quit (positive-thoughts.typepad.com)
- Best Friends – a Dog and a Cat – a Blog Friend Tribute (backyardneighbor.typepad.com)
- Network Bonding (cynthiavictoria76.wordpress.com)
- One More Tomorrow (gyatoday.wordpress.com)
- Life Is A Gift (gyatoday.wordpress.com)